Driving is a great way to get around, but it’s important to have a valid driving license. In Jharkhand, the process for applying for a driving license is relatively straightforward. Here’s what you need to do:
- Visit the website of the Transport Department of Jharkhand or the RTO office in your district. You can find the contact information for the RTO offices on the website.
- Download the application form and fill it out in full. Be sure to include all of your personal information, such as your name, address, date of birth, and contact information. You will also need to provide your educational qualifications, if applicable.
- Attach the required documents, such as your proof of identity, proof of residence, and your medical certificate. You can find a list of the required documents on the website of the Transport Department of Jharkhand.
- Pay the application fee. The application fee is Rs. 100 for a light motor vehicle and Rs. 200 for a heavy motor vehicle.
- Schedule a driving test. The driving test will test your knowledge of traffic rules and regulations, as well as your ability to drive safely.
- Pass the driving test. If you pass the driving test, you will be issued a temporary driving license. This temporary driving license will be valid for 30 days.
- Collect your permanent driving license. After 30 days, you can collect your permanent driving license from the RTO office.
How to Check the Application Status in Jharkhand
Once you have submitted your application for a driving license, you can check the status of your application online. To do this, you will need to visit the website of the Transport Department of Jharkhand and enter your application number and date of birth.
Requirements for a Driving License in Jharkhand
The following are the requirements for a driving license in Jharkhand:
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have a valid proof of identity.
- You must have a valid proof of residence.
- You must have a medical certificate.
- You must pass a driving test.
Rules about Driving Licenses in Jharkhand
The following are some of the rules about driving licenses in Jharkhand:
- You must carry your driving license with you when you are driving.
- You must obey all traffic rules and regulations.
- You must not drink and drive.
- You must not drive under the influence of drugs.
- You must not drive a vehicle that is not roadworthy.