The proliferation of compact headphones as a means of listening to music has led to legitimate questions about the correctness of wearing. Users face discomfort, discomfort, or even hearing problems due to improper wear. To minimize the negative effects, it is necessary to properly insert headphones into the ears that do not fall out and guarantee the sound without harmful effects on the hearing organs.
What is the risk of wearing headphones incorrectly?
Misuse of reproducing devices leads to a lot of problems, among which are common:
- Gradual hearing loss due to direct exposure of loud sounds to the auditory channel. Regular, intense exposure to the eardrum leads to stretching and reduced sensitivity. As a result, the person ceases to recognize quiet sounds, which causes a lot of inconveniences.
- It’s a headache. Headaches also occur due to too much exposure to the hearing organs but are often the result of the design of the devices themselves. Over time, such periodic pains develop into full-fledged migraine attacks, which will spoil the person’s quality of life.
- Problems with the release of sulfur. The constant wearing of interchannel devices does not allow ear sulfur to leave the hearing channels, which invariably leads to the appearance of sulfur jams. There are difficulties in everyday life, and the problem is solved in the doctor’s office.
Experts also claim that improper use of headphones increases the likelihood of serious diseases of the type of otitis. Inflammation in the ears is extremely unpleasant and forms the conditions for reducing the immunity of the body.
To avoid such negative moments, it is necessary to notice the errors when wearing and correctly inserting headphones into the ears. The following symptoms evidence such errors:
- Devices do not hold in the ears and fly out at every movement of the head or even when smiling;
- Initial manifestations of pain syndrome;
- feeling high pressure on the head or ears;
- Feeling of hearing loss;
- It’s too quiet.
- Basses are not defined when playing music.
How to make the headphones not fall out
The problem of ensuring comfortable wearing devices without falling out seems relevant for the mass of users. The rules for the operation of reproducing devices vary depending on the reproducing device.
Even at the stage of choosing headphones, you need to consider the shape, type, and size of the models. Even so, it’s worth a while to get a complete picture of the devices. This means that determining the right option for each case will include a sample of different models.
Vacuum headphones such as Xiaomi Redmi AirDot, Apple AirPod pro, or similar models from Samsung are inserted directly into the ear canal. They must be securely held even when active head movements. Most users don’t even think about how to wear such devices. The result is loss or discomfort in the hearing organs.
Instructions for putting on vacuum machines:
- Pull the edge of the ear down.
- Insert the earpiece until it feels resistant.
- Turn the speakers on the axis, guaranteeing a comfortable landing.
- Let go of the wire or lay behind the ear.
- Return the earlobe to normal, then check the comfort of the placement of the items.
If the headphones are weakly fixed, it is better to install earbuds of a larger diameter immediately. If, on the contrary, there is pressure or even pain, it is advisable to change the earbuds to compact quickly.
If you put on intra-channel devices correctly, there should be no protrusions or excessive undue. You can also determine the correct placement with music. You need to turn on the playback from the device, and then when inserted into the ear, to achieve the desired sound. It will be achieved just in the right place, ensuring the sealing of the human ear.
The plugs are dangerous in terms of hearing damage. They direct the sound directly into the ear canal, preventing the eardrum from relaxing. It is not advisable to abuse the use of such devices. Do not stick them too deeply, following the example of the earpiece, because there is a risk of mechanical damage to the organ. It is also advisable to regularly clean the nozzles from accumulated sulfur or other contaminants.
How to choose the right size of the nozzle for the interchannel headphones
For interchannel headphones, there are several earbuds, among which the user chooses the right one for himself. The internal diameter of the nozzles is 5 mm, while the outer one will vary:
- For children or women – 7 mm.
- For standard men – 9 mm.
- For large people with large ears – 11 mm.
Attention should be paid to the material of the nozzles. The silicone is perfectly deformed, so it is easy to shove in the ear without unnecessary pressure. But silicone molds can easily fall out of the ear. PVC earbuds are highly dense, but at the same time, guarantee good sound. The sponge is the cheapest nozzle material, which causes close contact with the ear.
The bent nozzles sit in the ears more reliable than the usual ones. Also, get rid of the problem with the fallout headsets help to cope with special earbuds with hooks. And the nozzles themselves are better to choose the anatomical form because they are much more effective.
Inserted headphones (“earbuds,” “drops”)
The most famous example of standard inserted headsets (droplets) is the AirPods for the iPhone. The user needs to place them in the ear without having to push into the ear canal. This approach relieves stress from the hearing organs, but it also leads to frequent loss.
To minimize the inconvenience while wearing insert headphones, it is recommended to do the following:
- The earbuds are inserted into the ear by the correct side according to the signs. There are different shapes for the right and left dynamics.
- If special retainers are supplied with the devices, it is advisable to use them. They act as struts and provide comfort during use.
- To improve the fixation, you can try to put the cord not at the bottom but behind the ear.
- The wire is desirable to fix on the clothes with a special clip because the weight of the cable often causes them to fall out.
- When choosing wireless models, it is better to give preference to devices with ear fixers. This applies to running devices.
Just before use, it is not superfluous to view the instructions. In some models, the fixation process can be particular.
Modern inserts vary in size, shape, and weight. It is advisable to select with a fitting in the store.
Earbuds seem to be less dangerous than earplugs. They reduce the load on the eardrum, but weak fixation and lack of noise cancellation often scare off buyers.
Sometimes the non-standard placement of earbuds guarantees a reliable fixation. For example, often wired models are better kept in an upside-down position. The wire, in this case, is laid behind the ear and stops pulling the device down.
Wearing overhead full-size headphones is easy. There are no specific rules or recommendations in this regard. Everything will depend on how well the reproducing devices are chosen. JBL is one of the most popular manufacturers of overhead appliances.
When choosing overhead headphones, consider the following:
- The headband is made of a strong material that can bend and withstand loads. A suitable option is a plastic model with a metal plate on the inside.
- If the user has decided to wear headphones with headgear, it is important to check the comfort of the headband when the headband is lowered. Most of the models at this location fall, but there are also more thoughtful models. They are easy to wear in any direction.
- The inner part of the headband comes into contact directly with the top of the head. It is recommended to select models with a special soft insert in the right place.
- Places of contact with the ears are also created soft so that wearing does not cause headaches or other inconveniences.
- The cable is not heavy so as not to create additional load on the head.
- It is better to purchase models with an adjustable headband immediately. This ensures that the model is set up for a specific user.
When you wear full-size headphones, you should avoid over-stretching the headband. Otherwise, the headphones will go off and will no longer hold on to their heads so well.
Tips and tricks on how to wear headphones correctly
As you can see, each type of headphones has its own recommendations when wearing. However, there are also universal rules, which are also desirable to adhere to:
- On all models, the weakest point is the area where the hull and wires are connected. Do not pull too much for these places, as there is a high probability of violation of the chain’s integrity.
- Intra-channel headphones are not recommended to be given to other people. This is since the elements deep in the ear become a breeding ground for bacteria.
- The case should be cleaned from time to time with alcohol-containing solutions or antiseptics.
- It is desirable to change the earbuds regularly, as many bacteria accumulate in these elements.
- Don’t get too far into your ear.
- For the street and public places, it is better to choose devices without noise cancellation. Otherwise, there is a high risk of not hearing the car’s signal or other sources of danger.
- To keep the headphones in their original state, it is advisable not to touch them with dirty or wet hands. It is also worth periodically cleaning the linings of sulfur.
- Using a pen spring, it is easy to apply a lifehack to strengthen the connection between the cable and the plug.
It is worth considering the weather conditions. If it rains or snows outside, it won’t be easy to protect your headphones from moisture. In this case, it is better to use special waterproof models.
It is worth paying attention to wireless Bluetooth earbuds, as they are often lost on the street. The built-in batteries of these devices normally work at temperatures ranging from -5 to 35 degrees. If the metrics go beyond that, the headphones stop functioning normally or are turned off altogether.
A pin or clip will help remove the load from the headphones and ensure their reliable fixation in the ear. Also in the role of a kind of retainer are long hair.
If the user wore headphones with some earbuds for a long time, and then they started to fly out, it indicates the wear of the overlays. They should be quickly replaced with similar ones.
The fallout of the headphones seems to be an unpleasant problem, which is still solved. You need to approach the selection of reproducing devices, pay attention to the size of sealing pads, and follow some recommendations when wearing.